Resources for IDEAL Study Participants
Instructions on how to complete the genetic testing kit
Instructions on how to access your electronic gift card
Alzheimer's Disease Resources
Resources for more information about Alzheimer’s disease:
Alzheimer’s Association 24-hour helpline
- Phone #: (800) 272-3900
Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter
CaringKind NYC (formerly an ALZ Association Chapter)
- Phone #: (646) 744-2900
Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center
Alzheimer Research Forum
Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease
Columbia University Medical Center
- Phone #: (212) 305-2316
World Health Organization - Key Facts and Information about Dementia
Mental Health Resources
If you have been feeling overwhelmed or stressed, or have been having suicidal thoughts, there are people who can help. Please call one of the numbers below if you need help.
Washington Heights Community Service (WHCS)
- 513 West 166th, 4th floor, NYC, NY 10032
- Please call 212-928-8300 for general information.
- 26 Sherman Avenue, NYC, NY 10040.
- Please call 212-942-8500 for general information.
- Call NYC Well at 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355)
- You can also reach them online at: https://nycwell.cityofnewyork.us/en/
New York State Office of Mental Health
- COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline: 1-844-863-9314
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Call 1-800-273-8255
- Chat online at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
- For help finding treatment, call 1-877-726-4727