Paul F. Kent, MD, PhD
Paul F. Kent finished his undergraduate studies at the St. Lawrence University, followed by a combined MD/Ph.D. program at SUNY Upstate Medical University, with a doctorate in physiology. He was a resident and chief resident in Neurology, and completed his fellowship in Epilepsy/EEG at the SUNY Upstate Medical University.
As an associate professor of neurology at SUNY Upstate Medical University, he was the Director of Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring. Since 2015, he has been an attending neurologist at the Columbia Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring Program.
His research interests include developing optical imaging techniques for the Operating Room to image cortical function and epileptic activity.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Intractable Epilepsy
- Associate Professor of Neurology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Residency: State University of New York Upstate Medical Center
- Fellowship: State University of New York Upstate Medical Center
- Clinical Neurophysiology