Patient Support Services
As a Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence, we excel at helping PD patients and their family members navigate community resources that may assist in improving their quality of life. We provide a free, quarterly "Living Well with Parkinson's" newsletter to keep patients up to date with our latest research and clinical developments, and to make them aware of helpful community events and resources.
Our patient advocacy partner, the Parkinson's Foundation, also provides our center with a wide array of educational materials for distribution to our patients. A variety of regularly scheduled support groups, lectures, and events are also available for patients and their care partners, including the following:
- PD Health @Home
- A PD Patient Support Group is held the last Tuesday of every month, 3:45-4:45 PM at 390 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY 10032.
- A PD Care Partner Support Group is held the first Wednesday of every month, 6:00-7:00 PM at 650 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032.
- A Spanish language Patient Support Group is held quarterly at 390 Fort Washington Ave, NY, NY 10032. Un grupo de apoyo en español se reúne trimestralmente en 390 Fort Washington Ave, NY, NY 10032.
- A PD 101 Lecture series is held on a quarterly basis at the YM & YWHA of Inwood and Washington Heights. This is a 2-hour, introductory session for newly diagnosed individuals. Meets 5:30 - 7:30 PM.
- A PD 201 Lecture Series is held on a biannual basis at the YM & YWHA of Inwood and Washington Heights. This is a 2-hour educational session for individuals with moderate Parkinson’s disease. Meets 5:30 - 7:30 PM.
Registration is required for each program and group. To register or for more information, please contact Elizabeth Delaney, LMSW at 212-305-5779 or email@example.com.